Crazy About Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws including the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We would therefore advise that you review this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. You can contact us at any time with questions regarding privacy or should you wish to request an amendment or correction.
Our commitment to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number(s)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- IP address
Crazy About Limited then keeps a record of this information.
We may also keep records of:
- Any e-mail or written correspondence you send us, so we can monitor and resolve any issues you may have
If you need to change, amend or revise the information we have, or if you would like to request that we erase all your information from our records, then please contact us.
What we do with the information we gather / how we use your personal information
We require the information gathered via this site (or via telephone calls) to understand your needs and provide you with an improved, more personalised service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To verify details of your payment method
- Processing and delivering your order. For instance we may pass your address details to our courier.
- Planning and managing business and marketing activities, including research, analysis of customers’ shopping habits, advertising and direct mail.
- Internal record keeping such as records of purchases
- We may use the information to help us to improve our products and services.
- With your consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, news or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes in order to gather information to help us customise the website according to your interests.
- Technical administration of our website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- if you would like us to delete any personal data we hold about you please contact us at email@example.com
- if you wish to find out what personal data we hold about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will supply you all the personal data we hold as soon as practical and at least within 30 days of a request.
- we will inform you if we are aware that there has been a breach of our security and that any personal information we hold about you may have been affected
We only keep information as long as we need it to enable us to carry out our business. We will keep the information you have supplied in order to be able to communicate with you about orders you have placed and offers or other information until you ask us to delete it.
If you enter any of our competitions and do NOT decide to receive marketing information from us we will only keep your personal information to notify you of the winner of the competition after which the information will be deleted.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not store or process your card payment details ourselves. Our payment gateway uses Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology and our merchant account services are provided by Barclays Bank plc. Barclays Bank is committed to GDPR compliance.
We will inform you of any suspected breach of the security of personal data within 72 hours of us becoming aware of it.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Access and amendments to Your Personal Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR. A small administrative fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us or contact us by email at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.